“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There’s no one alive who is Youer than You. “
Dr. Seuss has it right. In your job search, you can only be yourself—your best self. You don’t have to change who you are to fit an employer: Be MORE of who you are.
Get started by knowing what makes you youer than you.
The answers to these questions help you understand not only makes you you, more importantly, it helps you figure out the value you offer to an employer.
- What are you good at—your skills and talents? How do you/have you used these in school, work and in everything you do?
- What do you love to do and why?
- What makes you different? What qualities do you possess? What are the values that guide your actions?
- Why do you do what you do?
- How is your behavior perceived by others?
- What’s important to me in a job? In the workplace?
Follow your innate abilities, let prospective employers really see who you are, and you will find the position and the organizational culture that is a good place for you.